Cross posting from the FreedomRE.com blog…
Listen to the full episode here, but here are the main points – some commentary added 🙂
- Have a pre-listing inspection performed by a licensed home inspector.
- Clean up your home. – Please, please, please – you have no idea how often this is missed/skipped
- Does it pass the sniff test? – It better unless you want it to take longer to sell.
- Take great pictures of your house. – That’s why you hire a great agent – like me!
- Be available.
- Have your home ready for showings at all times. – You never know when or where your buyer will show up.
- Be informative.
- Use an agent. – At your service
- Ask your agent for selling advice.
- Price your house right. – You mean Zillow doesn’t know everything?
- List in peak market time. – If you can. If not, I wouldn’t consider this a deal breaker. Just be ready for it to potenially take longer.
- Double check your listing information.
- Stage those weird areas that don’t have an obvious use.
- Leave during your showings and make sure you take your pets with you. – So awkward when the seller sticks around. Get out! I would also add “take any valuables and medications” as well.
- Be prepared to walk away from an offer.
- Tell everyone you know that your house is for sale.
You or someone you know looking to buy or sell?