Say you’re using sendmail to relay email on a web server that you own that’s named “domain.com”, and email is being delivered fine to any domain except domain.com. What could be the problem?
- Rename your server. No server should be named with an actual domain name.
- Change /etc/hostname to the new name for your server
- Update /etc/hosts to remove the domain name and replace with the new hostname
- Remove the domain name from /etc/mail/local-host-names
- Restart sendmail “sudo service sendmail restart”
- Restart your server “sudo reboot”
Once you’ve done that test sendmail out like so…
Like this? Consider joining my mailing list, or at least using my affiliate link when buying from Amazon 🙂
echo "command line test" | mail -s "Sendmail test" email@example.com
You or someone you know looking to buy or sell?